Song Galaxy

Author Topic: Starting Up  (Read 4881 times)

Offline KrazyKat Admin

• KrazyKats Admin
  • Administrator
  • Karaoke Star
Re: Starting Up
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 08:45:12 PM »
Hi Sadie,
Becoming a Karaoke Jockey can be a fun ad rewarding career or second income. There is a lot to learn and have provided a range of advice and articles at the main site http://www.krazykats-karaoke.co.uk  where you will also find links to a wealth of other resources including forums like this one where you can chat with KJ's.

Hope this helps & good luck with your new project  ;D

KrazyKats Karaoke Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 08:45:12 PM »

Offline Sadie x

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 05:31:55 AM »
Hi I am new to this site and have just read your blogs.
I am interested in becoming a KJ as I love to sing and
also have a big interest in DJ'ing. Combinding the
two will allow me express my creativity and fulfil
one of many goals.

I have only recently discovered this as a possible career
or second job opportunity, and I am both suprised and
impressed.  I was not aware of how popular it was a
career.
I am now on a mission to find out and learn all I need to know
about becoming a KJ.  If anybody has any top tips and advice
I would be most grateful.  Also if anybody needs a hand at
upcoming events feel free to get in contact with me, Sadie.

Offline KrazyKat Admin

• KrazyKats Admin
  • Administrator
  • Karaoke Star
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 03:59:23 PM »
I have just read your post I am 45 semi professional and looking to teaming up with you or someone.
How is the singing lessons going.
How old are you and where do you live only the area.
I know roughly what you need to do a gig as I have been a duo with someone and recently split up, I don:t mind going half with you for the equipment.
Please let me know if you are interested.
There is plenty of work in this field.
Christine.

KrazyKat Admin: Transferred

Offline KrazyKat Admin

• KrazyKats Admin
  • Administrator
  • Karaoke Star
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 03:56:55 PM »
Some KJ's sing and perform at the beginning of the evening or join in with more nervous beginners on request. The only problem with being a performer and a KJ is that people come along to sing, not to watch a professinal singer. A KJ with a good voice is not always popular because the customers feel embarressed to get up and perform after them. Obviously it depends on the clientele and the type of act you intend to provide but the other 'downside' is that it could work against you if the intention is to work as a professional singer rather than as a singing KJ. The customers that turn up for your karaoke nights will often expect you to allow them to get up and have a go at professional engagements or you may not be taken seriously as a performer. These are things that can be overcome but you should be aware of them.

Regarding equipment and karaoke tracks, there are a host of options and the setup you use really depends on personal preference combined with where you intend to work and what you can afford. The best thing to do is go to several different karaoke nights and chat to the kj about the makes and models they use, compare sound quality then try a few systems out at a reputable store.

Karaoke tracks do indeed vary in quality - best one I  recommend is SoundChoice but again these vary from track to track. Some online companies have snippets available so that you can check out the track before purchasing and offer a custom burn so that you can select only the tracks you want, whilst others supply box sets.

Hope this helps
KrazyKat Admin

Offline KrazyKat Admin

• KrazyKats Admin
  • Administrator
  • Karaoke Star
Starting Up
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 03:40:59 PM »
I am having singing lessons in January. If all goes well I wondered whether being a KJ and personally performing during an evening would go down well with the public/venues?

What equipment do you recommend, especially when it comes to purchasing CDG's. I have heard that the quality can vary enormously.

I am also happy to consider teaming up to sing duets etc with the right person.

Thanks.
Mike Phillips

« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 03:45:47 PM by KrazyKat Admin »

Song Galaxy

anything