Karaoke! the book for Karaoke Lovers

Author Topic: What do you like about Karaoke?  (Read 7839 times)

Offline onlinekaraokepro

Re: What do you like about Karaoke?
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 09:23:26 AM »
Easy to access with a high definition audio that you can sing anytime, anywhere like Online Karaoke Pro iOS App.
Thousand of songs can be stream and sing along, be it old from the 60's up to the latest hits of the charts. For more info check us at http://on.fb.me/1IQzGQW. Happy singing  :)

KrazyKats Karaoke Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 09:23:26 AM »

Offline KaraokeKing

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 02:24:48 PM »
Yep, completely agree with that.

I have done various events where they want music to dance to AND karaoke, which IMHO really doesn't work.

Sure ... if there are very few singers, I stick on some music, however I find it absolutely crazy when I have 20 singers queued up for the host to say "can you put some music on for the next hour please".  >:(

Offline Xylifrost

What do you like about Karaoke
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 05:26:44 AM »
as a singer Ive noticed that when there is "dance music" played...it almost appears that there are 2 seperate "crowds" The karaoke singers hate the dance stuff...and get ticked when there is a big rotation and they play music

on the other hand if they are advertising "dance music" or DJ..the dance crowd had very little patience for the karaoke. Seems like a good idea in theory- trying to appeal to a larger demographic. But I think in reality- you jsut end up ticking off both crowds...I still say pick one...and let people know what they are going to get if they go to that place in a given night..

I also beg to differ on those of you who say most people dont go out "to karaoke" At almost all the shows Ive been to- the entire crowd was "there" specifically for the singing. As a singer..I like it that wayisnt that what karaoke is all about? JMHO though..

Advobia09

What do you like about Karaoke
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 07:37:52 AM »
I go to some places and the karaoke is pretty varied and people sing tons of different stuff. But if you go to a country bar, you can expect 95 of the songs will be country which i cant stand. Some of the smaller KJ shows have around 2,000-4,000 songs.. While other larger shows have about 5000-15000 songs. But they cant touch my 70,000 song book.. lol

Offline DiscoLightsUK

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 09:49:06 AM »
Very cute! He is def the king of Karaoke bless him! Check this out, my 8 month old dancing (rather headbanging!)
Small | Large

Offline daniel

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 01:43:30 PM »
I am originally from UK now living in the Philippines and the thing about Karaoke, Videoke as it is called here, is that you will find a place to sing closer than you will find a grocery store, petrol/gasoline station. Karaoke is definitely a favorite pastime here and the great thing is that nobody cares if you can't sing. The whole point is to enjoy yourself. If you go to the pub/bar, swimming pool, restaurant, you will find a Karaoke machine.

To be honest, the reason I joined this forum is to "promote" the latest Karaoke King, my 1 year old son. If you don't believe that Karaoke is so popular here, have a look at the You Tube video I uploaded. These videos are for my mother back in UK, but there was no way that I couldn't post this all over the web.

The whole family will be checking out the view count on You Tube here so help me out and have a look, you wont be disappointed. 
Small | Large

Offline KrazyKat Admin

• KrazyKats Admin
  • Administrator
  • Karaoke Star
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 06:07:20 AM »
Download one of the free karaoke players from the site - there are tons of free .kar files on the internet that you can practise to (links to midi, kar and lyrics sites are provided at the site)
www.krazykats-karaoke.co.uk/karaoke_players.html
www.krazykats-karaoke.co.uk/midi_sites.html
http://www.krazykats-karaoke.co.uk/lyrics_sites.html
Some of the newer karaoke systems have a pitch control which changes the key of the song and many CDG companies disks display the key along with the artist name and song title just before it plays (many karaoke tracks are in the same key as the original artist).

The problem is that not all karaoke jockeys use the same companies - each of whom may record the track using a different key or arrangement.

If you don't want to be taken by suprise by the key then it does pay to buy your own disc and take it along with you but if your going to buy a CD+G it may save you money and time if you ask for a catalogue or check that the song is in a comfortable key for your voice before purchasing.

Hope this helps
KrazyKat Admin

Offline KrazyKat Admin

• KrazyKats Admin
  • Administrator
  • Karaoke Star
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 06:05:29 AM »
I have been wanting to have a go at Karaoke for about 5 years now and this year while I was on holiday I finally did it and I can't wait until I have another go. My biggest fear is choosing a song and finding that it is totally out of my range. I'm trying to find some CD+G disks that don't cost too much so that I can have a practice at home. I need to find some inexpensive way to practice. Who can help the new girl.

Catnap

KrazyKat Admin: Transferred

Offline KrazyKat Admin

• KrazyKats Admin
  • Administrator
  • Karaoke Star
What do you like about Karaoke?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 06:04:02 AM »
I'm starting this thread off with the hope that others will take part, not only to chat about what it is about karaoke that you enjoy so much but also to encourage you to use the forum to meet and chat with fellow karaoke lovers.

Personally I love the fact that Karaoke allows anyone to get up and have a go regardless of age, ability or experience. You don't need to be able to sing and its great practice for amateur singers as well as an excellent method of increasing confidence for nervous singers.

Why not tell me what YOU think and let us know about your karaoke experiences....

KrazyKat Admin

Karaoke! the book for Karaoke Lovers